Indian Oil Corporation -IOC has invited application from eligible candidates to join its Pipeline (PL) Division at centres across the country. Keep reading to know more about IOC Apprentice Recruitment 2019
According to the notification, IOC will appoint 320 eligible candidates as Technical Apprentices and 60 candidates as Trade apprentices. Under these two categories, there are seven trades or disciplines. It includes Technician Apprentice Mechanical, Technician Apprentice Electrical, Technician Apprentice Telecommunication & Instrumentation, Trade Apprentice (Assistant Human Resource), Trade Apprentice (Accountant), Data Entry Operators( Fresher Apprentices) and Domestic Data Entry Operator(Skill Certificate Holders).
If interested, you can apply online visiting IOC’s official site www.plis.indianoilpipelines.in. Please note that the last date for registering the application is 22.11.2019 (6 pm).
Persons with Disability
Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) with minimum 40% disability can also apply for the above posts.
Here is the list of state-wise vacancies
[table id=11 /]
Eligibility Conditions for IOC Apprentice Recruitment
To be eligible for the posts, you must be within the age limits of 18 years and 24 years as on 31.10.2019.
SC/ST candidates get an age relaxation of 5 years, while OBC and PwBD candidates get a relaxation of 3 years and 10 years respectively.
Here are the details of minimum educational qualification for IOC apprentice recruitment
[table id=12 /]
The selection process involves a written test lasting two hours, for a total of 100 marks. The marks scored in the test will be the basis of selection. And, the minimum qualifying marks in the written test is 40% (and for SC/ST and PwD candidates it is 35%).
The questions are objective type, and there won’t be any negative mark. You can opt for the question paper/test in English or Hindi.
You can appear for the written test only on getting the Admit card issued by IOC. First, you must register the application online with IOC before 22.11.2019. Based on the information on the form, IOC may shortlist your name for the written test and issue the Admit card.
Please note that there will not be any correspondence from IOC informing you about shortlisting your name or issuing the Admit card.
It means that you must checkup with the IOC website for related notification after registering your application.
Depending on the notification, you can download the Admit card from IOC’s official site, www.plis.indianoilpipelines.in.
So, the first thing is to register your application.
How to Register Application for IOC apprentice recruitment
Please note that before registering the application with IOC, candidates should register with two Govt. agencies:
- Candidates for Technician Apprentices may register with the concerned Regional Board of Apprenticeship Training (BOAT) at https://portal.mhrdnats.gov.in/boat/commonRedirect/registermenunew!registermenune
- Candidate for Trade Apprentices (Optional Trades) may register with National Skill Development Council (NSDC) at https://apprenticeshipindia.org
Steps to register the application at https://plis.indianoilpipelines.in
There are two steps to the registration process; Part-I & Part-II.
In Part-I registration, you must fill in your necessary details like name, category, etc. and create your own password. After successful Part-I registration, you will get a system generated registration number in your registered email id/SMS.
Please note down the registration number and password for future reference/use. With this registration number, and password you must log in to the system for the second step of the registration process.
In Part-II registration, you must upload your scanned photograph and signature and furnish educational qualification, experience details, etc. and submit the same.
Please remember that this is the final submission process, and once submitted, you can get a chance to correct any data. So, take all care to furnish the details in the portal and check the same before final submission.
Verification of Original Documents
After the written test, IOC will publish the list of candidates, who are provisionally selected for document verification and medical fitness, on its website.
If selected, you must produce all original documents for verification before the joining IOC as an Apprentice. Depending on the verification of the documents and medical fitness IOC will issue the offer of engagement.
The following original documents along with a self-attested copy should be furnished at the time of Document Verification:
- 10th pass/Matriculation certificate issued by the concerned education board as proof of date of birth. No other document will be accepted for verification of date of birth.
- SC/ST/OBC/Disability/EWS-Income & Asset certificate by reserved category candidates in the prescribed format issued by the Competent Authority.
- OBC non-creamy layer status should be valid and OBC certificate issued by the Competent Authority should be the latest one. Formats of Certificate are available in the detailed Notification as well as in https://plis.indianoilpipelines.in under the downloads section.
- Semester-wise / year-wise mark sheets and Certificate of full-time Diploma in Engineering in respective Discipline.
- Pre-engagement Medical fitness certificate declaring the candidate medically Fit
- Any other certificate, if applicable.
Hope the above article will help you prepare for ICO apprentice recruitment 2019.
Explore other opportunities
[table id=13 /]