Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology
Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology: Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology, formerly Sathyabama University is situated in Sholinganallur near Adyar in Chennai some 35 km from the Chennai Central and Egmore Railway stations.
It is 31kms from CMBT Bus Terminal, 16kms from Adayar and 22kms from T Nagar.
Sathybama University is a Christian minority educational institution founded by Dr Jeppiaar in 1987 as Sathyabama Engineering College. Dr Jeppiaar was the Founder Chancellor of the college.
Currently, Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology is managed by a team led by Chancellor Dr Mariazeena Johnson and President Dr Marie Johnson.
Sathyabama University Courses
Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology offers various programmes at the undergraduate (UG), postgraduate (PG) and doctorate (PhD) level.
It includes various streams of Engineering, Science, Commerce & Accounting, Business & Management Studies and Humanities & Social Sciences. This is besides programmes such as Pharmacy and Law courses.
The university has 16 engineering programmes at Under Graduate level- BE/BTech-and 12 Engineering programmes at Post Graduate level.
Additionally, there are Dental Surgery courses at the graduate and postgraduate levels.
Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology Admission
Admission to the various courses at Sathyabama University is based on certain eligibility criteria for each programme.
- For admission to Undergraduate programmes, such as B.Com/ BBA/ B.Sc/ B.A LL.B, students should have passed HSC (10+2) from any State Board with 60% aggregate marks.
- Admission will be based on the Sathyabama All India Entrance Examination (SBAIEE).
- For BE/ BTech courses, you must have passed 10+2 from any State Board/ CBSE/ ICSE with at least 60% marks in aggregate with Mathematics/ Biology, Physics, and Chemistry as the subjects.
- Final selection will be based on the candidate’s score in the JEE Main/ SBAIEE
- Admission to B.Arch is allowed through SBAIEE. To be eligible to apply for the course, you must have passed 10+2 from any State Board or CBSE with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics with an aggregate 60% marks
- Eligibility set for BDS course is 10+2 from any State Board/ CBSE/ ICSE with at least 50% marks in aggregate with Biology, Physics, and Chemistry as the subjects.
- Admission will be based on the score in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET).
- For MBA/ M.A/ M.Sc course, you should hold a graduate degree in the relevant discipline with 60%
- For the PhD course, you must possess a Master’s/ M.Phil degree with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate
- The score in the SBAIEE will be the basis of final admission.
How to Apply
You can apply for admission on physical or online mode.
On physical mode, get the application form for the entrance examination by sending a DD for Rs.650/- (Rs. Six hundred fifty only) in the name of SATHYABAMA INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, payable at Chennai.
Send the request letter for the application form and DD to the Co-ordinator, Entrance Examination-2020, Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology, Jeppiaar Nagar, Rajiv Gandhi Salai, Chennai-600 119.
The filled application can be sent to the same address.
On online mode, you can apply by visiting the Institute’s official website www.sathyabama.ac.in. There is a provision for remitting the examination fee of Rs.650/- online using Net Banking Facility/Credit Card/Debit Card etc.
Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology Fee Structure
|Programme||1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year||4th Year|
|B.E. – Computer Science & Engineering||Rs.50,000||Rs.15,000||Rs.15,000||Rs.20,000|
|B.E. – Electronics & Communication Engineering||Rs.35000||Rs.15,000||Rs.15,000||Rs.20,000|
|B.TECH – Information technology||Rs.25000||Rs.15,000||Rs.15,000||Rs.20,000|
|B.E. -Electronics & Electrical Engineering|
|BE- Aeronautical Engineering||Rs.20,000||Rs.15,000||Rs.15,000||Rs.20,000|
|B.E. – Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering|
B.E. – Electronics Instrumentation Engineering
B.E. – Civil Engineering
B.TECH – Chemical Engineering
|B Arch course||1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year||4th Year||5th Year|
The fee is fixed based on the marks scored in the National level Entrance Exam conducted by the Institute.
Students who score up to the rank of 25 are eligible for the scholarship. This means admission will be free of tuition fees and hostel fees. Please check with the Registrar for current policy.
- Hostel (Normal) – Rs.80,000
- Hostel (AC)- Rs.1,75,000
Sathyabama University Placements
Placement at various companies is a routine at Sathybama University. There is a placement cell at the University to manage the whole process at a fee.
The cell also provides basic training to students on how to perform in interviews and a Career Development Program. The program is designed to improve your skills in various fields according to the companies’ requirements.
Every year, reputed national and international companies conduct recruitment campaigns at Sathybama University. The companies include Asian Paints, Amazon, Biocon, Birlasoft, Cognizant, HCL, Oracle etc.
- According to the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIFF), a total of 2269 students graduated from this institute in the academic year 2017-18.
- Out of this, 1802 students were placed in various companies at an average salary of Rs. 3,11,400/-
- Similarly, 75 out of 86 students qualified at the Post Graduate level were placed in various companies at an average salary of Rs.5,15,000?- in the academic year 2017-18.
Sathyabama University Research
The Institue allows admission for PhD Programme ( Internal / External ) in various branches of Engineering, Technology and Science and Humanities twice every year. Candidates who are employed in various private and public establishments also take advantage of the researching opportunity at the institute.
- In 2017-18, 29 full-time and 56 part-time PhD students graduated out of 187 and 1402 students admitted respectively for the course.
Sathyabama University Ranking
What is the rank of Sathyabama University in India?
From a humble beginning more than three decades ago, Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology has developed into a premier institute in the country imparting knowledge in the areas of engineering, science, technology etc.
In the list released by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIFF) Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology enjoys 47th rank out of 970 engineering colleges in India as of 2019.
The college earned the status of a Deemed University on 16.07. 2001 by its sustained efforts.
The Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD) included the institute in Category “A” University.
The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) allotted Grade “A” in 2017, certified with DNV-GL ISO 9001 standard in recognition of the exemplary contribution of the college.