UPSC Indian Forest Service (Preliminary) Examination | 90 Vacancies |Apply Online Now
UPSC Indian Forest Service Exam (Preliminary) 2020 or UPSC Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination. The Union Public service commission (UPSC) has invited applications from candidates to appear for the Indian Forest Service Preliminary Examination.
In effect, this is the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination and it will serve as a screening mechanism for the selection of candidates to appear for the Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination.
Moreover, there will be separate examination fee for Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination, and only who qualify in the preliminary will be eligible to apply for the Main examination.
And this Main Exam will be held in November 2020 for filling about 90 vacancies in different departments/units under the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change.
So if you are interested in central govt. service, this is the opportunity for that
Important Dates: UPSC Indian Forest Service Exam
|Date of Commencement of application registration||12.02.2020|
|Last Date to apply online||03.03.2020|
|Last date to pay of fee by cash at SBI||02.03.2020|
|Date of preliminary Examination||05.05.2020|
|Date of Main Examination||Nov.2020|
- Total Number of vacancies-90
- There will be reservation for candidates belonging to the categories Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, Economically Weaker Section and Person with Benchmark Disability as may be fixed by the Government.
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC Indian Forest Service Exam (Preliminary)
- Age – You must be between 21 years and 32 years old as on 01.08.2020
- In other words, you must have been born not earlier than 02.08. 1988 and not later than 01.08 1999.
- You must possess a Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the following subjects
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
- Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics
- Physics, Statistics and Zoology
- A Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering
- Candidates must be physically fit as per the related rules.
- SC/ST and OBC candidates will get upper age relaxation of 05 years, and 03 years respectively
- PwBD candidates will get up to a maximum of 10 years
- Ex-servicemen: up to a maximum of three years in the case of Defence Services personnel disabled in operations
- Up to a maximum of five years in the case of ex-servicemen having at least five years Military Service as on 01.08.2020
- Please read the notification for more details of age relaxation
Selection Process of UPSC Indian Forest Service Exam
- The Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination is a screening test for the selection of candidates for the Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination
- As such, the commission will not share with you the marks sheets (successful or unsuccessful) and will not entertain any correspondence in this regard.
- In other words, you have to qualify in this examination to be eligible to appear for the Indian Forest (Main) Examination
- Once qualified, you have to apply again and submit on-line Detailed Application Form-I [DAF-I] along with scanned documents proving your claims.
Centres for the Main Examination
- For preliminary examination there are are several centres across India in almost all states and Union Territories ( Please read the notification for more details)
- Please go through the scheme of examination, standard and syllabi of the subjects etc., in Appendix-I of the notification
- For the main Examination in November 2020, the centres are Bhopal, Chennai, Delhi, Dispur (Guwahati), Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow, Nagpur, Port Blair and Shimla
- You must pay Rs.100/- (Rupees One Hundred only) as application fee for Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination
- Female/SC/ST/PwBD candidates are exempted from payment of application fee
- You can pay by depositing cash in any branch of SBI by cash
- Alternatively, pay online using net banking facility of State Bank of India or using Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit card.
- Candidates who can pay only by Cash at SBI should print the system generated Pay-in-slip during online registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only.
- This is possible only up to 02.03.2020 before the closing hours for public transaction
- Fee once paid shall not be refunded
How To Apply for UPSC Indian Forest Service Exam
- You are required to apply Online using the link www.upsconline.nic.in for Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination
- Detailed instructions for filling up Online Applications are available at www.upsconline.nic
- Detailed instructions regarding filling of online application are also available at Appendix-II(A)
- Make sure that you have a valid and active email address and mobile number
- Candidates who wish to apply for Civil Services Examination have to apply once by appropriately indicating in the on-line application form that they intend to appear for both the Indian Forest Service Examination and the Civil Services Examination.
- After the results of the Preliminary exam are published, the qualified candidates will have to fill in a Detailed Application for the Main examination
- There will be separate examination fee for Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination
- While filling in the Application Form, you should carefully decide about your choice of centre for the Examination.
- You are not required to submit along with their applications any certificate in support of their claims regarding Age, Educational Qualifications, or any other documents
- You have an option to withdraw the application submitted from 12.03.2020 to 18.03.2020 till 6.00 PM Read
- The detailed instructions regarding the withdrawal of Applications are available in AppendixII(B) of the notification.